Yesterday I went to Amarillo to run some errands. It was just an ordinary day of doing the usual things....the mall, a little Home Depot, and Target of course. I was so tired and ready to go home when I turned the corner in Target and ran right into Hollie, my best friend from high school. She lives in Oklahoma and was traveling through Amarillo to see family in New Mexico. There she was with her husband and six kids. Yes, I did say six kids. Shiloh,
Merridith, Issac, Braden, Jude, and Madeline. I say their names and yet I really don't know them at all. I was so happy to see her, yet so sad that so much time goes by without seeing each other and catching up. I don't have the opportunity to know her kids and she doesn't get to know mine. What a tragedy. At one time we shared everything....all of our dreams and ideas, our future plans, our fears and deepest secrets, and yet all we have shared this year is that hug in the greeting card isle at Target. I left the store after a 20 minute catch up session and a hope to see you soon. I got in the car and told my mom I wanted to cry. After I got home I did. All I could think was why didn't I go back and give her one more hug......just one more moment. Life goes by and we lose touch with people who mean so much to us. As I went to bed I realized that when we get to heaven we can hang out all the time. We can laugh for hours like we used to.....about nothing. We can do crazy stuff and never have to worry about catching up. For today though I'm kinda sad. I miss my friend.
4 comments:
I CAN'T believe you saw Hollie and Curtis in Target!! How are they? (Besides crazy busy with 6 kids?)
Love your blog, too.
-Julie
I am sorry you are sad today, I guess that would've been yesterday. It's funny how things change over time. I have no wise words, but she is Del..i..mar!
Leslie, I was sad leaving target too. I wanted too chase you out to your car and do something weird like we used to. I want to make plans and do something together and no more sad feelings. I do have to say that when we are together it seems like no time has passed. I have ablolutely no strange feelings like sometimes I do when seeing someone I haven't seen in a while. We were almost perfect girlhood friends. We needed each other so much.
Curtis and I are heading back today. We should be home late this afternoon. 4 of our kids are staying with nana and papa. We will have time at home with less kids. Of course Curtis would have to hurt his back while we were here. That means no wrestling!!!
Love always, Hollie
Awww, I miss you guys!!! I wish we could make a weekend where we could all meet and have a slumber party.....
Post a Comment