Sunday, September 14, 2008

How long will this last?


The other night I was cooking dinner with the usual hectic surroundings. The kids were hungry, cranky, tired, and everybody wanted something! I pulled out some play vegetables from a decorative bowl in my kitchen and set them on the floor. Within minutes all three kids were dragging out pots and pans, cooking utensils and anything else they could find to make a restaurant. They were pretend cooking for each other, borrowing ingredients from each other and having a great time. I was able to cook in peace, but more than that I got a little emotional. I couldn't help but wonder how long this would last. My 9 year old playing with the girls making his "famous chili" on my kitchen floor. They just grow up too fast. I had to take pictures to remember this moment. It was one of those times I never want to forget. It was a huge mess before it was all over....but a mess I didn't mind cleaning up.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you took pictures of this. Sweet moments like these are to precious to let fade away in our fickle memories. I love your kids and can't wait for Sadie to be in the mix. What fun they will all have together.

Jennifer said...

Great blog, Les. I totally agree with you. Just wish our kids could know each other....

Knock On Wood said...

What a great memory that you captured! Spencer is really sweet to play like that with Abby and Isabella!